The Xray PDA Skills module is a device featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||This module was specifically designed to view your personal achievements earned while exploring the Zone. It also allows you to view training metrics and health conditions, etc.
- Inventory description
- v1.30013 - 1.3003:
- Potentially coded, but declared as a possibly flawed construct in the release notes.
- Not implemented within these releases.
- v1.4002 - 1.4005:
- Skill points introduced.
- Given to the player as a reward for completing Proverb's initial Cleaning tasks.
- Game limited to around nine skill points ("experience points")
- Utilized in an identical manner to the Xray PDA Downloads module, i.e. by clicking and using.
- Once 'fitted' to the player's PDA, the player is able to assign the 'experience points' earned during progression through the storyline after completing various quests.
- Fitted as standard to the player's PDA (otherwise unavailable)
- Available skill points increased with a ten point bonus for transitioning to Freeplay.
- All applicable versions:
- These Skill points may be assigned at the player's discretion between four parameters that affect the player's various strengths; these being:
- Barter - to progressively gain trading advantages with other NPCs.
- Each point of skill modifies the sale or buy price by 5% to a maximum discount of 35%.
- Endurance - to increase permitted carry weight. This confers benefits in three areas:
- Each point of skill enhances the carry weight for the player by 2.5kg from the default 35kg to a maximum value of 60kg.
- Each point of skill enhances the walk weight for the player by 3.5kg from the default 50kgto a maximum value of 85kg.
- Each point of skill enhances the sprint factor for the player by about 4% from a minimum of 2.06 to a maximum value of 2.5. (This is cumulative with any other sprint enhancements the player may have access to)
- All three factors are progressively modified at the same time as a skill point is assigned. They are also cumulative with any relevant Armour enhancements.
- Sharpshooter - to enhance better fire control by reducing firearm wander. This affects the 'dispersion' and 'zoom inertion' parameters experienced by the player's actor (both factors operate in an inverse manner):
- Each point of skill enhances the dispersion factor for the player from the default 1.0 (no change), to a minimum value of 0.4
- Each point of skill enhances the zoom inertion factor for the player from the default 1.0 (no change), to a minimum value of zero (steady as a rock)
- Survivor - to increase the player's hit point ceiling and increase the chance to obtain stash info:
- Each point of skill enhances the stash percent factor for the player from the default 8, to a maximum value of 30.
- Each point of skill enhances the bullet immunity factor of the player in 5% increments, from the default 1.0 (no change), to a minimum value of 0.65
- Once assigned, a point may not be unassigned and reused to adjust another skill parameter.
- A maximum of only TEN points may be assigned to any given skill.
- Similarly, the player is not obligated to actually use the accrued points.
- The controlling .ltx file seems to remain as the "la_skills.ltx" file located in /gameroot/config/lost_alpha/ and appears to control the four principle 'skill categories' in various modes.
The text body of the file is short and as follows:
;================================================================================================== ;--/ Skills data ;--/ Last edit: 05.08.2016 [SkyLoader] ;================================================================================================== ;-------------------------------------------------------------------- [barter_skill_data] minimum_value = 1 maximum_value = 0.65 [endurance_skill_data] minimum_max_weight = 35 maximum_max_weight = 60 minimum_max_walk_weight = 50 maximum_max_walk_weight = 85 minimum_sprint_factor = 2.06 maximum_sprint_factor = 2.5 [sharpshooter_skill_data] minimum_dispersion = 1 maximum_dispersion = 0.4 minimum_zoom_inertion = 1 maximum_zoom_inertion = 0 [survivor_skill_data] minimum_stash_percent = 8 maximum_stash_percent = 30 minimum_immunity_coeff = 1 maximum_immunity_coeff = 0.65
- Also uses the 'Mini PDA' world model in common with the Xray PDA Downloads module.
- Coded, but not implemented as far as version v1.3003 is concerned.
- Became available for use in the Developer's Cut (v1.4000+)