|“|| The anomaly snatches its victims up in the air and spins them at a breakneck speed. The exact nature of the Whirligig remains unknown. The anomaly can be recognized by a light whirlwind of dust above and by body fragments scattered in the vicinity. Victims caught on its outer rim - far enough from the maximum effect zone at the center - can escape the Whirligig with relatively minor injuries. Forms three types of artifacts: Stone Blood, Mean chunk and Soul.|
- Encyclopedia description
- A widely distributed anomaly, varying in intensity, that is easily detected visually or with an Advanced anomaly detector or an Elite anomaly detector.
- Looks harmless and produces pretty 'oil-rainbow' patterns when triggered by bolts.
- Because of their general ubiquity, useful tools for the experienced stalker that uses them in mutant combat.
- Inflicts gravitational shock.
- The listing of the artifact Meat Chunk at the end of the description is misspelled "Mean chunk" in the game code.