The Tools for rough work are a quest item featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“|| "Basic toolkit"|
- Inventory description, v1.30013+
|“|| Basic toolkit 'Young technician'. It's hardly suitable for work, which needs subtlety, but it conditions of total lack of tools in the Zone can be useful for thrifty one's.|
- Inventory description, v1.4000+
- This item is required by Deedee and sometimes Sakharov in very early releases, as part of a side-mission to Find a starter toolkit (find a "Basic toolkit")
- If the player acquires the piece and is unable to deliver it, then it becomes an undroppable overhead.
- Between v1.3003 and subsequent releases, the Basic toolkit was renamed to the Tools for rough work and its parameters and description metrics altered.
- From v1.4005 Deedee's missions are deprecated and this item is now a quest item for various Technicians.
- Known locations for this item in versions before v1.4005 are:
- Known locations for this item starting with v1.4005 are:
- Great Metal Factory / Crater Building, in a desk.
- Darkscape / Abandoned Village, in the basement of House 5 (v1.4005 only, has become Tools for fine work in v1.4007). Note that the general location, while accessible, has considerably more mutant activity in v1.4005+. Good rupture, impact and bleeding precautions are recommended.
- Dark Valley / scrapyard between the Pig Farm and the Anomaly Field Train-Car, located in a lorry cab.
- Agroprom Underground / small room behind hangar with water tanks, a few floors below Strelok's Hideout (v1.4007 and some EPs for v1.4005)
- Construction Site / Unfinished Building, on the first floor in a broken drawer near some crates (v1.4007)
- Rostok Factory / in a hut near the flooded house (v1.4007)
- A target item for the following quests or side missions:
- Find a starter toolkit (Deedee and Sakharov to v1.4002)
- Bring the tools to Fox (v1.4005+)
- Bring the tools to Kulibin (v1.4005+)
- Bring the tools to Father Diodor (v1.4005+)
- Bring the tools to Chef (v1.4007+)
- Bring the tools to Ivancov (v1.4007+)
- If Deedee becomes 'immobilized' in his office, the player will be burdened with the item as dead weight (v1.3003)
- There is one at Duty Checkpoint in Forest. It sits on a shelf but it is a furniture item.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.