|“||The result of the interaction between the anomaly Burnt Fuzz and the body of a careless stalker. The Spiker artifact pokes the body of its owner, no matter what. But it also helps clean the body of radionuliodes. Quite widespread and cheap.
- Inventory description, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Rusty Hair' and 'Ameba' anomalies. Quite common and cheap, but nevertheless, a very interesting artifact for both scientists and ordinary stalkers. Its main feature is to create a field with a radius of up to a meter, which hinders the movement of alpha and gamma particles. For a person this is not dangerous, but the need for food is reduced. Has no negative properties.
- Inventory description, v1.4007
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- The humble thorn does not appear very frequently in the Lost Alpha.
- Occasional spawns may be found near the Loner Camp in Military Warehouses or amongst the wrecks in Pripyat Underground.
- All versions:
- A rather insignificant and unloved artifact.
- Distinguished from its more useful relative, the Crystal Thorn by being smaller in its central node and more bronze coloured.
- The first task given to the player by Sidorovich is to recover a perfectly fine specimen for a reward of 300 Ru.
- It is also required to complete one of the repeated side missions from Sidorovich.
- Although it is pretty entry-level regarding "radiation protect", it is better than a kick in the teeth...
- With a suitably upgraded Detector "Echo", another one might be found early on 'Day One' near the Rookie Village Swamp, or even without upgrades...
- You use this until better comes along - very soon.