The Slug is an artifact that can be found in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||Formed by the Stew anomaly. The negative qualities of this artifact are compensated by the fact that it heightens the coagulation qualities of blood. It's not often that one runs into such an artifact, and they pay well for it too.
- Inventory description, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Witches' Jelly' anomaly. It emits stabilizing waves capable of reducing the effectiveness of mental attacks of mutants and anomalies, for which it is valued amongst stalkers. Cool and slimy in touch. Emits radiation.
- Inventory description, v1.4007
- v1.30013 - 1.3003:
- Not easy to spot in some cases due to its gelatinous nature and low sparkle.
- Often found in the wild near its parent anomaly.
- Still useful for stemming bleeding but much less so than in the Base Game.
- Tons can be found in the Agroprom Undergrounds.
- Becomes even harder to spot.
- Much less common.
- Less useful.
- Noticeably heavier.
- To all intents and purposes, becomes invisible if resting in undergrowth.
- Slightly lighter (in weight)
- Now repurposed into a 'telepathy rock'.
- All versions:
- One placement exists in Wild Territory.
- One placement exists in Freedom HQ.
- Consult Artifact Placements for further details.
- Midrange telepathy reduction. Helpful when combating Controllers during approach, but rupture protection is usually more of a concern.