Skill points are a concept in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha to reward the player for certain achievements.
|“||Skill points received: 1||”|
- Skill points were introduced with the Developer's Cut of Lost Alpha. See Xray PDA Skills module for a brief history.
- The player receives skill points on completion of certain main mission tasks and side missions as well as other events not yet fully disclosed.
- To collect skill points the player needs to have a Xray PDA Skills module and to fit it to the player's PDA.
- Skill points may be used to boost various player's strengths, see Xray PDA Skills module for details.
Acquisition of skill points
Lost Alpha (-v1.3003)
- Skill points are not available in Lost Alpha.
Developer's Cut -v1.4005
Developer's Cut v1.4007
- Completion of the following tasks or mission sets are known to award the player with a skill point. Some are more challenging than others.
- Save Fox
- Get information about Strelok from Mole
- Help Ratcatcher
- Free the Dutyer from prison
- Attack the base and get the artifact
- Find the documents (Forest)
- Run-in at the old mine
- Get the scientists package
- Find the documents (Yantar)
- Find something of the dead composer.
- Return the artefact to Sakharov
- Go meet Barkeep in Outskirts
- Find secret exit from lab
- Help the Ecologists take measurements
- Find a way into the Sarcophagus
- Bring the tools to Fox
- Bring the tools to Kulibin
- Bring the tools to Father Diodor
- Bring the tools to Chef
- Bring the tools to Ivancov
- Unlucky stalker
- Find the experimental ecolog suit
- Find the Gauss box
- Cleaning up
- Available skill points increased with a ten point bonus for transitioning to Freeplay.
- Other Skill points are awarded on an irregular basis for combat. Most of these appear to involve defeating Mutants. (v1.4007 only)
- Some missions may yield a point on a random basis ("Find a wire" - see gallery) This may be part of the alleged irregular behaviour of the Xray PDA Skills module that precluded its inclusion in the earliest release.
- All applicable versions:
- Skill points may not be purchased, traded in any manner or re-used.
- There is no obligation that the player needs to actually use any or all of their points. This is entirely at the player's discretion.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.