|“||An effective silencer made by Zone gunsmiths. The kit includes a set of adapters for weapons of any calibre.
- Inventory description
- In the Lost Alpha just about all weaponry may be equipped with a silencer.
- Up to v1.3003 the Silencer was the only available variant, fitting all calibres. In the Developer's Cut (v1.4000+) additional calibre-specific variants were introduced, and in v1.4005 the Silencer is coded in the gamefiles but is not accessible for the player.
- The unit does not degrade of itself, but materially affects muzzle velocity, trajectory and ballistics (spread and accuracy)
- Weapon power is noticeably decreased, except in unique weapon variants where suitable compensation has been incorporated at the script level.
- For all of the negative characteristics, there is one major advantage gained: greatly improved stealth potential for the player when used appropriately.
- More widely available than in the Base Game, with several being available in Dead City during the game.
- In v1.4002 only three weapons can be fitted with the Silencer: Black Kite (but not the Big Ben), FT 200M and SVUmk2.
- Four stashes contain this item:
- Tunnel reward in Garbage (-v1.3003, maybe a bug in Developer's Cut)
- In broken structure in Dead City (replaced with Silencer for 5.45mm in v1.4002+)
- Stash in the panel in Military Warehouses (replaced by Silencer for 5.56mm in v1.4002+)
- Broken uaz in Radar (replaced by Silencer for 5.56mm in v1.4002+)