The Noiseless Viper is a unique weapon that appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||A variation on a basic model. A non-replaceable muffler is added.
- Inventory description
- Unique variant of the Viper 5 sub-machine gun. Main difference, beside the silencer, is the increased accuracy.
- In-built, non-detachable, silencer.
- Weapon cannot be upgraded in Lost Alpha.
- See Viper 5 for upgrades.
- Weapon cannot be repaired (v1.3003).
- Not yet seen upon any in-game Characters.
- Weapon is coded but only available from Traders later in the game.
- Despite being unique and non-repairable, this variant of the Viper 5 has two notably improved fire parameters; the "conditional_shot_dec" is nearly an order of magnitude better than the base unit (0.00003 vs 0.0002) and to partially compensate for the silencer power loss, the accuracy is improved slightly ("fire_dispersion_base" = 0.15 vs 0.25 for the base unit) even as the bullet velocity is necessarily reduced (290m/S² vs 400m/S²)
- Players may wish to compare this item with the Sniper TRs 301, which has a "fire_dispersion_base" factor of 0.09.
- The v1.4007 PRM Weapons Pack changes the recoil to 34 (9 Single).
- May not be usefully employed as a 'short gun' without hacks to the files controlling the player's actor/avatar.