Got a job for you, Marked One...
Hybernetic Security System FATCONID16328821, better known as Matrix is a major character appearing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
- Matrix is the holographic guard within the X7 abandoned laboratory.
- The guard spawns in a room off the main hallway and begins following the player through the X7 facility.
- If the player stops moving, the guard will close in position and begin his attack.
- Attacking the guard may result in loss of health.
- Attacking Matrix is the same as attacking yourself.
- The character is the necessary target for the player as he/she attempts to shut down the security system of the X7 lab.
- Despite this, Matrix remains neutral to the player at all times (unless attacked)
- If given sufficient proximity, Matrix will 'attack' the player (and kill him/her) as part of his defense function.
- Running then, is the player's sole option.
- Shooting the character is not an option since this may also result in the player's death.
- As the first dialog with Marked One reveals,
|“||Oh my God, you're me!
- Marked One
..and the PDA Contacts image is indeed that of the player's actor.
- Matrix can actually be wounded and effectively disabled, allowing the player a less pressured journey. However, achieving this is tricky (pistol fire into the legs being the more effective option).
- Even with invulnerability (g_god), a player can still die from shooting Matrix.