The Knife is a weapon found in all S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
- Inventory description
- A basic hunting knife that is effective only at close range.
- Part of the player's Basic Equipment.
- The weapon has two modes of application (slash and stab)
- Frequently used to open boxes, crates and other breakable items.
- Effective against many forms of Mutants, provided precautions are taken.
- Exceptionally effective against all Zombified Stalkers at close range (provided suitable precautions are taken)
- Unlike in the Base Game, where the Knife is permanently attached to the player, the knife in Lost Alpha may be dropped, cached or stashed.
- Weapon is silent, making it exceptionally useful in stealth operations.
- The item does not degrade with prolonged use, but sadly, it has no upgrade tree.
- The Knife that attaches as part of the player's basic equipment weighs 0.05 kg.
- Visitors to the Arena have all of their inventory removed prior to competing and receive replacement armament.
- Knives received in this manner may weigh 0.05 kg or 0.00 kg.
- When receiving Knives in the Arena the player receives one for the weapon slot and a "spare" unattached 0.00 kg one.
- All variations are nominally interchangeable and stackable.
- Either may be resold to Arnie for the full 370 Ru.