|“||An artifact formed in the Vortex anomaly. Is activated by the heat of the body. Decide what's worse: radiation or knife wounds, and chose the lesser of the two evils. In any case you can sell the artifact for good profit.
- Inventory description, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Vortex' anomaly. A true paradox. At even the weakest application of heat, the artifact has a strong radiation emission. At the same time, the artifact itself prevents the penetration of radiation from outside. Popular among stalkers and scientists. Emits radiation.
- Inventory description, v1.4007
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- Not at all a commonplace artifact.
- Occasionally found in Yantar.
- Rarely discovered in south-east Dark Valley, in or near an Anomaly Field.
- Sometimes discovered with the Gravi artifacts near the Military task force by the Sarcophagus entrance area.
- While Anomaly Fields are still visually present in the game, they are disabled and serve no spawn function.
- Luring mutants into Vortex anomalies becomes the indicated spawn mechanism (see Artifact Spawns for guidance)
- Sakharov asks to bring him this artifact in one of the repeatable side missions.
- See Artifact Placements:
- There is a placement of this artifact in a metal supply tin in the 'Piano music' room of Music Village in Forest, similar to the Snowflake placement in Yantar (all versions)
- If the Marked One joins Duty, this artifact will be required by the Sin negotiator - Glob - before he provides the Duty disc1 as a peace offering.