Got a job for you, Marked One...
- Encyclopedia description, Any version
Gas is an anomaly appearing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha from v1.30013.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- The gamefile control codes were almost certainly defined by "zone_isparenie".
- Largely unproductive. Difficult to explore.
- The locations of several underground specimens has long been a source of confusion as to its identity.
- Spawn set completely revised, old set assigned to Rusty Hair.
- New spawn set very similar to Witches' Jelly. The difference being that this anomaly attacks after a delay, hence they may be sprinted through without penalty.
- Also present in Dark Valley and Old Road.
- Exceptionally dangerous to explore without suitable precautions.
- The anomalies may be explored provided that the player uses a high level of "chemical burn" protection. Other protection is not needed.
- Without protective "chem burn" measures, death is very rapid.
- There is some wildlife nearby in the sewers, getting them to expire and trigger the anomalies may be frustrating.
- As with the Grabber anomaly, players may again kill their actor in the anomaly to precipitate Artifact Spawns (ironically fulfilling the initial Kill Strelok task that was cancelled)
- N.B. The spawn results may be observed on the console, but actual spawns usually take over 20 seconds to activate.
- N.B.2 'Actor suicide' at the examples on Stranded Tree will probably be unproductive. The player's actor is indeed killed by any of the anomalies but then falls off the tree removing the object from the spawn radius.