|“||Formed in the "Stirfry" anomaly at high temperatures. From the exterior looks like a tear-like shade compound with a glossy surface, covered in cracks.
- Encyclopedia entry, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Burner' anomaly at high temperatures. Outwardly it looks like a blackened teardrop formation with a glossy surface, covered with cracks. Makes living organisms more resistant against bullets. It is not expensive. Emits radiation.
- v1.30013 - 1.4002:
- A rather commonplace occurrence within the Zone.
- Found around and between Burner anomalies and their clusters.
- Easy to spot by its glow / sparkle, even at range. Bounces slightly.
- Rarer, and much less easy to spot. Loses it's sparkle.
- Exceptionally rare for an entry level artifact.
- Difficult to spot since all 'glow and bounce' have been deprecated.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- Since the detectors in Lost Alpha are infamous for not being able to detect thermal anomalies, the presence of Droplet artifacts should immediately alert the player to the likelihood of such anomalies being nearby.
- This may be helpful during the small hours when the tell-tale shimmer of Burners is difficult or impossible to discern.
- All versions:
- There are four known gameboard placements. All are located in ammo tins:
- A tin containing one such artifact is located in the northeastern part of the Great Metal Factory, behind a fence north of the crashed helicopter and the entrance to the Arena.
- One tin is located on the porch roof of the 'Burer House' in Dead City.
- One may be acquired for free from an ammo tin located up in the pit head structure at the Bandit Mine.
- One placement is found in an ammo box, in an abandoned street kiosk, between the New 100 Rads Bar and the garages near the first anomaly field in the Outskirts.
- v1.4007 (for at least):
- On the roadside south of a small swamp in the southern part of the Forest.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- Droplets are a key ingredient necessary for the Artifact Merger synthesis of Sauron's eye artifacts.
- The Encyclopedia reference differs between SoC and LA regarding the parent anomaly, possibly to reflect the more diverse thermal anomaly 'death set' appearing in the Lost Alpha.
- Carrying one of these with you when visiting the scientist in Yantar will allow you to accept and complete the repeatable task offered there (this becomes largely meaningless in v1.4007 due to the artifact's rarity)
- Two droplets are involved in the synthesis of the Pupil artifact.