The Crater Building is a minor location found in the Great Metal Factory, appearing in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha standalone mod.
- A medium sized, derelict station building.
- The area is somewhat different from its retail counterpart.
- The radiation has been removed, the plants around the floor are gone and the number of Springboard anomalies inside (and around) the crater has been reduced, making this area much easier to navigate.
- 2 Pseudodogs can be found down the alley just before the BTR-70 Armored Personnel Carrier.
- Snorks, Rats, Blind Dogs and Rodents may sometimes also wander into the area.
- No significant storyline elements take place at this location.
- The player will almost certainly pass through this area if attempting to reach Yantar early in the game by way of Forgotten. For v1.4005 this is now more challenging.
- The player will also pass through if attempting the Find the stolen rifle and return it to Hunter task.
Side Missions Edit
Notable Loot Edit
- x2 Antirads, x1 Bandage and x1 Medkit can be found on the edge of the crater at the back.
- The Train-car directly behind the rear entrance contains x1 Noiseless Pistol (PB1s) inside a destructible crate.
- The small hut next to the train car contains the following loot (found inside the up-turned table):
- An unusable BTR-70 Armoured Personnel Carrier located just down the road contains an unmarked stash inside it with the following items:
- Mutant activity is significantly greater in this area in v1.4005.
"This light needs a priest and an electrician.."
APC with unmarked stash inside
Map view/location of the "Crater Building"