Got a job for you, Marked One...
- Game manual
- The Comet perfectly describes the appearance of this dangerous anomaly.
- Close approach is discouraged with the notable exception of the appearance in the Sarcophagus which seems to be benign.
- The Comet is frequently seen (if at all) together with clusters of other anomalies.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- Whereas the parent anomaly for all three 'fire-based' artifacts (Droplets, Fireball and Crystal was the Burner or Comet in the Base Game; in the Lost Alpha the parent anomaly for the Fireball is mentioned cryptically as 'Scorcher'.
- The Burner anomalies are excellent sources of Droplets and Green Parasites but not of Fireballs or Crystals.
- The Dark Valley spawn point only produces the Fireball out of the fire-based artifacts, implying that Comet = Scorcher.
- The Comet is assigned a different artifact spawn set from the similar but static Burner anomaly.
- In keeping with previous behaviour it is mostly harmless when encountered.
- The presence of the anomaly may be verified through the LA: Tools Kit by using FindObj "fireball_zone".
- In v1.4007 the DV anomaly field 1 is disabled.
- The associated Gas anomalies may be mitigated with suitable protection but are likely to be the principle hazards in the area.
- There is no Encyclopedia entry possible for any manifestation of this anomaly (Comet, "Stirfry", "Torrid" or "Scorcher")