The Combat Chaser is a unique shotgun that appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||Variation of the Winchester. A small fragment of the artifact "Gravi" was built into the barrell, positioned in such a way as to increase the speed of the bullet's flight.
- Inventory description
- Unique variant of the Chaser 13 shotgun.
- Difference is the increased hit power and impulse and the nearly quadrupled durability (-v1.4002) resp. the installed upgrades 1A and 1C (v1.4005+).
- Weapon cannot be upgraded in Lost Alpha
- See Chaser 13 for upgrades
- Weapon cannot be repaired (v1.3003).
- Found on the character Father Diodor, located in the Loner Village (in Yantar).
- The only way to procure it is by first letting Father Diodor out of his room (located down inside a small fallout shelter at the north end) and either:
- A: Waiting for him to be caught in a blowout
- B: Waiting for one of the many hazards in the area to claim his life
- C: Just shoot him yourself.
- No matter the choice, the player should make sure they are around when it happens or risk losing it in a map reset.
- It is not even necessary to release Father Diodor in order to attempt acquisition.
- He will die in the basement during the first Blowout (v1.3003)
- Available at Arnie (v1.4005).
- Can also be found as seemingly random loot in crates, for instance near a generator in the Dark Valley.
- In a destructible crate in a fenced area with one of the derelict generators, where a pack of pseudodogs lives, southwest of abandoned village in Darkscape.
- Located in Anomalous materials stash in the Construction Site (v1.4007).
- Weapon is not changed by the v1.4007 PRM Weapon Pack except the name (see below)
- Named Combat Chaser up to v1.4002, Combat Mossberg 88 v1.4005, Combat Maverick 88 in v1.4007 and Combat Mossberg 88 again in v1.4007 PRM Weapon Pack.
- The internal ID wpn_winchester_m1 (-v1.4005) was changed to wpn_wincheaster1300_m1 in v1.4007, probably to match the misspelled internal ID of the Chaser 13.