The Cake is an artifact found in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||As this artifact protects you from bullets, your metabolism has certain resources drained which causes food cravings. It has a fitting name!
- Inventory description, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Springboard' anomaly. This artifact is made up of a granit-like stone deformed by an extreme gravitational force, resulting in a crystallized formation that has not been explained by science to date. Can provide moderate protection against psi-emissions. Emits radiation.
- Inventory description, v1.4007
- 1.30013 - 1.3003:
- Not yet found in the wild (v1.3003)
- Sometimes, this artifact may be liberated from dead stalkers.
- The artifact is now spawned from Springboard anomalies (see Artifact Spawns)
- "Hunger bugged" in a positive sense. When worn, the player never needs to eat...
- Still retains its "bulletproof" capability, but:
- "Hunger bugged" in a negative sense. When worn, the player needs to eat ravenously if several Cakes are worn. Very distracting in firefights. Player dies easily.
- Property set changed completely.
- Now retooled as a low-end "telepathy" rock.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005
- Useful for fire fight protection at any stage of the game (up to v1.4002)
- Of limited use from v1.4005 as the hunger factor now works against the player, albeit slowly, so that the player will need to eat like a diabetic should several be worn concurrently.
- Hardly very useful for the player who would prefer useful BP enhancement.
- It works, but better protection is available mid-game.
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- The artifact may be created using an Artifact Merger, however, the recipe remains unavailable under normal circumstances.
- Hunger parameter may actually work in favour of the player (to v1.4002)
- Hunger parameter clearly works against the player (v1.4005)
- Not a "psi-protection" artifact. This is a gamefile typo. It's a "telepathy" rock.