Got a job for you, Marked One...
Bring artefact is an optional side-mission featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||Our mechanic, Kulibin, asked for a fancy detector: apparently, he wants to experiment with it, haha! Well, if he pays - why not. Will you bring it? We'll pay generously.
- Mole, Mission briefing v1.4007
- The side missions in Lost Alpha are largely symbolic, reward the player far more frugally than in the base game, and detract from the game generally. Why would a player hunt an item and offload it for a pittance? By LA standards, Mole pays really bad money for less than easy work.
- This is the only such mission of this type given by Mole that repeats.
- There is no time limit for completion.
- The only prerequisite being that the player has acquired the storyline task to Get information about Strelok from Mole from Seriy.
- The task nominally asks for an artifact, but in reality is completed by bringing an Advanced anomaly detector.
- For some obscure, cryptic reason, Petrenko rewards the player with an AAD after exterminating the more demanding occupants of Lab X14.
- The mission is renamed to the less cryptic Find an advanced anomaly detector task within a generic Find the item. side mission shell, so from a purist's point of view it is still a poorly defined mission.
- Despite this, the reward is very good considering the stage of the game that the player is able to obtain the mission under normal circumstances.
- After the player resolves the mission by sourcing the item, Mole will immediately re-offer the same mission.
- Initially, this is not a bug, the mission is actually coded twice with slightly different rewards. However, the mission keeps respawning...
- If the player knows how to 'cheat spawn' the item the mission may be repeated continuously. Obviously, this would be considered as cheating rather than an exploit.
- It's more pointless 'runaround' at the behest of the devs.
- It's a well paid mission if the player received the 'free' detector from Petrenko or obtained one from a stash (Recruits' forfeit)
- There are no 'reputation' or 'rank' consequences coded in v1.4007.