Got a job for you, Marked One...
The Ball of Twine is an artifact found in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||Well... this is simply a ball of twine. It looks incredibly fragile and underwhelming, though appearances don't make a good testament to its true properties.
- Inventory description, v1.30013 - 1.4005
|“||Born in the 'Vortex' anomaly. This bizarrely-shaped artifact appears in places with increased gravitational activity. Acting as a kind of sponge that absorbs radioactive elements, this artifact doesn't provide protection from outside radiation but protects from radioactive particles that have already made their way into the body.
- Inventory description, v1.4007
- v1.30013 - 1.3003:
- The only artifact in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha to have any form of telepathic property.
- v1.4002 - 1.4005:
- Adds a modest "weight carry" ability.
- Becomes spawnable from Vortex anomalies, but may get trapped within their active radius.
- Loses all of these beneficial properties along with the negative effects and becomes a pure "radiation reduction" artifact.
- It's superior to the Jellyfish in this respect by one point...
- v1.30013 - 1.4005:
- May be available from the Dark Valley anomaly field 1 with patience (disabled from v1.4007 with the deprecation of the Anomaly Fields)
- All versions:
- This artifact is also a component of the Merc farm stash in Military Warehouses (coordinates need to be acquired)
- May be found in a "secret" stash in the Abandoned Village in Darkscape as a combination placement (see Artifact Placements)
- The game files indicate that a combination recipe exists for this artifact, however, the recipe may not be bought by the player.
- It's incorrectly listed to increase carry weight by 4 when it increases by 3.5kg (artefacts.ltx) (v1.4002+)
- Shares a bug with all other carry weight increasing artifacts where it doesn't increase the threshold for rapid stamina drain while sprinting.