The Artifact Merger is a device featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||A device, latest achievement in scientific experiments. Allows you to combine artifacts.
- Inventory description
- A lightweight unit that may be used to combine Artifacts and mutant body parts to create more exotic artifacts.
- May be purchased from Ecologist Traders subject to availability.
- May be found as a part of the stash Under the table in the scientists bunker in Yantar.
- Can be purchased from Sidorovich quite early in the game (most probably around gaining the access to Yantar). (v.1.4005+)
- Can be obtained for free as loot from a packing case in Pripyat Underground (to v1.4002). In v.1.4005, it's in a wooden box. Advised to get it before talking to Guide, you go 8 meters straight ahead, then turn right, go straight to the stairs and it's in one of the 3 wooden boxes on the bottom of the stairs along with an Army Medical Kit.
- The player will need to buy Artifact recipes from the same source.
- Ad hoc combination of materials by the player is prohibited by the device itself.
- The player has a number of options when using the device to increase the probability of a successful conversion:
- Make a save before use.
- Set matters in motion.
- Sleep for an equivalent duration.
- Reload the save if unsuccessful.
- Set matters in motion.
- Continue playing as normal (noting how long the process time will take)
- Make a save closer to the end of the process, and reload if required.
- The actual result of the combination event is not determined at the start but at the end of the process and is randomized at that time.
- Another convenient feature of the device is that the used ingredients are subtracted from inventory when process is initiated (leaving just the 0.25kg of the Merger itself as carry weight) and the result re-added to inventory after process conclusion.
- The Merger needs to "recharge" for an hour after use.
- Only 11 Artifact recipes are currently available to the player.
- Cannot be sold to any of the traders or NPCs. (v.1.4005+)
- Consulting the merger during a sprint terminates the sprint.
- There is buggy behaviour noted for this device where the device will inexplicably "switch" to another purchased recipe other than the one initiated.
- This will even happen to the extent that the player need not possess the ingredients for the "switched to" recipe but will obviously need the recipe itself)
- Known examples are: