The AK of the doomed one is an assault rifle that appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha.
|“||A very old and rusty AK, which, perhaps, will survive its latest shootout.
- Inventory description
- This is a variant of the Akm 74/2, basically introduced from v1.4000 onwards as a Quest item in an attempt to limit the player's rifle armament capability.
- It replaces the perfectly good Akm 74/2 that was the objective of the first part of the Kill the sniper mission up to v1.3003.
- The weapon fires about 200 rounds before becoming unusable.
- The misfire probability is around 30 times that of the base item, although this is of academic interest only, since NO weapons 'jam' in v1.4002.
- The "condition_shot_dec" value (the rate at which it just degrades through use) is around 50 times that of the base item.
- The weapon cannot be upgraded.
- Can be equipped with a grenade launcher and a silencer.
- Best practice is to unload the weapon (it comes fully loaded), use something else to complete the mission, (the Sniper rifle SVDm-2 from the Bridge Checkpoint is quite effective), stashing the heavy Sniper rifle SVDm-2 upon the dead sniper until later, and move on.
- Bes will pay a good price for the AK of the doomed one before moving on.
- Weapon is not changed by the v1.4007 PRM Weapons Pack.
- The upgrade icon is identical to that of the Akm 74/2, though a scope can not be attached.